"Providing high quality electric service to the Shenandoah Valley and Potomac Highlands".
The Cooperative serves parts of eight counties in Virginia (Augusta, Clarke, Frederick, Highland, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah, and Warren) and the City of Winchester.
- Interstate 81 bisects the counties of Augusta, Rockingham and Shenandoah.
- Interstate 64 intersects with Interstate 81 in Augusta County near Staunton.
- U. S. Routes 11 and 42 run north-south through Augusta, Rockingham and Shenandoah counties.
- U. S. Route 250 (east-west) serves Augusta County
- U. S. Route 33 (east-west) serves Rockingham County
- U. S. Route 340 (north-south) serves both Augusta and Rockingham County
The Cooperative's service area is served by the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport located near Weyers Cave, Virginia, and Winchester Regional Airport, located in Winchester, Virginia.
The Shenandoah Valley is provided national freight service by both Norfolk-Southern and CSX. The Shenandoah Valley Railroad is a freight short line provider in Rockingham and Augusta counties.
There are several four-year colleges and universities with the Cooperative's service area. They include:
- James Madison University (Harrisonburg - public)
- Bridgewater College (Bridgewater - private)
- Eastern Mennonite University (Harrisonburg - private)
- Mary Baldwin College (Staunton - private)
- Blue Ridge Community College is also located in Augusta County at Weyers Cave, Virginia.
- Shenandoah University (Winchester - private)